Oh my goodness. I know it has been quite some time since I last blogged but I have been busy!!! I have been working with a team on a new Animation and Game Design Syllabus being offered by CXC which some schools will debut in September. I have been traveling the region – Jamaica, Barbados, and Antigua specifically orienting teacher on how to teach this new and exciting subject.
The syllabus is demanding so I am offering a short course to teach you how to make your first animation.
This is perfect for:
- educators who desire more knowledge before venturing to teach the subject in its entirety
- teens and preteens who would love to dip into an introductory course before deciding if a full two year program in animation and game design is an appropriate choice
- any learner young or old with an interest in animation.
The course will be launched online in mid July and delivered via video lessons which allow you to learn at your own pace and pause , rewind and replay as many times as you wish. The major topics to be covered in The make your First Short Animation Course include:
- Fundamentals of Character Design and Colour Theory
- Using Inkscape to design characters
- Pre-production tasks including storyboarding
- Using Blender to animate
- Editing and revising your animations
- Publishing your animations